Friday, April 26, 2013

Science Fair April 2013

So, my class and I decided that we were going to do the Solar System for the science fair, It is a great opportunity since we are not learning about it in second grade this year. We read books, watched "The Magic School Bus", and watched "Brainpopjr" to get an idea of the planets. I divided my class into 8 groups of 3. Each group was assigned a planet to research. They also had their own science fair journals to record research and observation. Later, we made paper mache planets. Although it was really messy and hectic for me, the kids really enjoyed it. To top it off we decided to make hats to wear to the science fair for when we present out projects. It was a success! It was amazing how much my kids learned about planets! Here are some pictures...














1 comment:

  1. Wow this is a lovely idea. I am sure your students enjoyed it loads.

    ReplyDelete